[R-SIG-Finance] Markov Switching

Patrick Brandt patrick.t.brandt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 00:32:37 CEST 2009

If you look at the package list on CRAN you will see a package that
meets you needs for a frequentist MS VAR: MSVAR.  It is listed right
after (my) MSBVAR in the alphabetical listing of packages.

The MSBVAR vignette is in progress right now.  The real challenge here
is coding a general implementation of Bayesian MS BVARs that is useful
to the largest possible audience.

My intent is that the MSBVAR package is for BAYESIAN models.  At
present, the only frequentist model is a reduced form VAR.  And that
is only there for comparison purposes...

If you need general VAR models, check out the vars and urca packages.

PTB

--
Patrick Brandt
Assistant Professor