[R-SIG-Finance] LPPL model for bubble burst forcasting

Wind windspeedo99 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 15:02:50 CEST 2009

No furthure progress.  In July, I just calculate the model with genoud in
the rgenoud package, with the same codes for LPPL function I have  shared in
the list.   Today I just found the codes and run it against the S&P 500.   I
run genoud ten times for about 20 minutes.     Though the parameters may be
not within the range that LPPL papers defined, the curve fitting is OK.    I
received your email while studying the graph.    So the graph is attached.
 It says that S&P would begin correction after Sept.   Just for fun.
  Actually the LPPL should be applied with rolling window, and parameters
meeting some creterion.   It would be very time consuming for genoud.

wind