[R-SIG-Finance] Newbie quantmod periodicity question

Andre Nathan andrenth at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 22:26:28 CEST 2009

Hello

I've just started using quantmod, and I have a question about how to
deal with intraday data. I'm using getSymbols() to get the data like
this:

  getSymbols("GOOG", src = 'yahoo')

I'm trying to plot an hourly barChart (for example, last 5 hours), but
I can't seem to get it to work, and all plots only have information up
to the last day. I believe this is because periodicity(GOOG) is daily,
but I can't find a way to convert this to hourly data. How can I do
that?

Should I get the 15-minute data from yahoo manually instead of using getSymbols?

Thanks,
Andre