[R-SIG-Finance] [R-sig-finance] n-period return

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 18:10:13 CEST 2009

This is because xts aligns the series before operations.
(Delta[i]>Delta[i-1]) returns an empty xts object because Delta[i] and
Delta[i-1] don't share any common index values.

Something like this will work:
> lDelta <- lag(Delta)
> for (i in 3:length(Delta)) {
+  if (Delta[i]>lDelta[i]) sum <- sum + Delta
+ }

Though you're going to have the same problem when you try to add "sum"
and "Delta" if they're both xts objects.

HTH,
Josh
--
http://www.fosstrading.com