[R-SIG-Finance] disaggregate from monthly to daily time series

John P. Burkett burkett at uri.edu
Mon Jul 27 23:44:18 CEST 2009

Hodgess, Erin wrote:
> I've done disaggregation for annual/quarterly, quarterly/monthly before, but never monthly/daily
>
> is there a big demand for that, please?

Some people involved with rolling portfolio management and risk
supervision like to work with daily data on asset prices (Gourieroux and
Monfort, "The Econometrics of Efficient Portfolios," Journal of
Empirical Finance, v. 12 (2005) pp. 22-23).  However, to adjust these
prices for inflation, one should divide them by a general price index
such as the CPI.  That's the motivation for trying to disaggregate the
monthly CPI data to daily frequency.

-John

--
John P. Burkett