[R-SIG-Finance] disaggregate from monthly to daily time series

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 20:32:11 CEST 2009

John,

Here's some code that follows Brian's suggestion.

library(xts)
x <- xts(cumprod(1+rnorm(999)/100),Sys.Date()-999:1)
m <- timeBasedSeq('2006-11/2009-07', 'Date')
mx <- x[m]
M <- merge(mx,x)

mtod.spline <- xts(spline(1:NROW(M),M[,1],n=NROW(M))$y,index(x))
mtod.linear <- xts(approx(1:NROW(M),M[,1],n=NROW(M))$y,index(x))
mtod <- merge(x,mtod.spline,mtod.linear)
plot.zoo(mtod)

HTH,
Josh
--