[R-SIG-Finance] [R-sig-finance] rmetrics portfolio backtesting limitations question

tradenet nodecorum at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 10 16:16:15 CEST 2009

I found the problem with the truncation of the asset list -- R only allows
500 characters in a formula.

My next step is to copy, rename and modify the original portfolioBacktest
function to add another parameter, a vector of strings which are the asset
names.  Can I just execute the code for the new function in the GUI and
thereby make it available to my script?

If I can figure out how to do that, perhaps I can fix the windowing function
to allow shorter window sizes and no smoothing of weights (our strategies
are very short term so rebalancing smoothness is not an issue).

Thank you,

Andrew