[R-SIG-Finance] [R-sig-finance] Rank

John Frain frainj at tcd.ie
Fri Jul 3 22:29:44 CEST 2009

I agree with what is said below.  Even though the rank of pi is 2 it
can be factorised into a product of two matrices alpha which is 2 by 3
and a beta which is 3 by 5.  In macroeconometrics, in practice,  such
a scheme has been used to incorporate a disequilibrium in one sector
of a macro model (modelling the X,s) into another sector (modelling
the Y's).  We did necessarily even use the first differences of the
Y's inmodelling the X's.

I agree that this is probably a matter of time series macoeconometrics
rather than finance and I should probably leave it at that,

Best Regards

John