[R-SIG-Finance] IBrokers and automatic submission of orders?

Cedrick Johnson cedrick at cedrickjohnson.com
Thu Jul 2 03:12:51 CEST 2009

Probably a roundabout way to do this would be to use Rserver and write a
Java app using the Rserver wrapper to issue command reqHistoricalData at
X intervals (setup a Java timer object or loop) and place orders (via
the same java program connected to the RS wrapper) using twsOrder and
placeOrder.

I'm not too familiar with callbacks and such in the IBrokers package.

hth,