[R-SIG-Finance] [R-sig-finance] help: market capitalization

gug guygreen at netvigator.com
Mon Mar 30 03:42:01 CEST 2009

If you mean a website with free data, Yahoo Finance gives the ability to
download a surprisingly large number of data items for US (and I think
Canadian) stocks.  See this for a listing of data items:
http://www.gummy-stuff.org/Yahoo-data.htm.

This works for lists of stocks though I think there are limits to how many
you can get at one time - from memory something like 25.

Guy