[R-SIG-Finance] [R-sig-finance] commodity prices
guygreen at netvigator.com
Mon Mar 30 03:11:38 CEST 2009
"Resending" this reply as it has been stalled (not yet accepted by the
mailing list) for several days:
Not a perfect solution: as far as I can tell there isn't one. You'll
probably know of these already, but for what they're worth:
* Economagic.com for a wide variety of historic time series.
* The NBER Macrohistory Database
http://www.nber.org/databases/macrohistory/contents/ including Chapter 4 -
price indices from 1800's to 1960's in some cases.
* For monthly gold, the Bank of England:
* In theory, annual gold prices since 1257 (though its not working for me
right now): http://www.measuringworth.org/gold/
* For metals, with charts and some daily data back to 1996:
* And for commodity price charts, but not the underlying data:
Dear R Finance People:
I posted this to the regular list but thought that I would try here as
Does anyone know of a website for historical commodity prices, please?
Erin M. Hodgess, Ph.D.
Department of Computer and Mathematical Sciences
University of Houston - Downtown
mailto: hodgesse at uhd.edu
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/commodity-prices-tp22710933p22719668.html
Sent from the Rmetrics mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the R-SIG-Finance