[R-SIG-Finance] RBloomberg Date

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 02:30:25 CET 2009

Hi John,

Try setting retval="raw" in your blpGetData call which will make it
skip the coercion steps and just give you what BBG returns to your
terminal in your t2 variable.  From looking at t2 you should be able
to figure out how to extract the date.  I'm not at a Bloomberg
terminal at the moment so its hard for me to be more specific than
that.

t2 <- blpGetData(conn, c("HAL Equity"), "DVD_EX_DT", retval="raw")

Paul