[R-SIG-Finance] R package update problem at Company's PC

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Feb 13 15:10:29 CET 2009

Can we please stop this thread?  Josh was spot on when he re-directed this to
r-help.

On 13 February 2009 at 02:16, Andy Zhu wrote:
| download the source code and untar it. Then
|
| R CMD INSTALL xxx
|
| you may need a set of tools in installation. The tools usually are ready in Unix. In windows, you may need MinGW for those tools.

Yes sure you _could_ recompile it but part of the appeal of using Windows is
that you don't have to.  The original poster has a problem with his proxy
server, which is (IIRC) in the R FAQ and has been discussed a hundred times
at least on r-help.  Not a topic for this list, so let's just freeze it out.

Let's all make an effort to keep this list on-topic.

Cheers,  Dirk