[R-SIG-Finance] Rbloomberg problem "Seems like this is not a Bloomberg Workstation"

Voss, Kent VOSSK at kochind.com
Mon Feb 9 18:52:00 CET 2009

Paul,

I believe that I did have the Excel add-in and DDE server installed
already (at least I could pull Bloomberg history and real-time data in
Excel).  I thought I had to have those COM API's installed as well.
Anyway, just to be sure I went to that site you listed and there was an
update to the Excel add-in.  I installed the update and voila, it works
now.
As I can figure, it may have been one of the following:
a) I didn't have the Excel Add-in installed properly such that I could
pull data in Excel, but not through R.
b) Installing the COM/API SDK Package overwrote something that caused it
not to work.
c) Some combination of (a) and (b)
d) Gross operator error to which I am thankful for your suggestions that
fixed it.

Many thanks again,

Kent