[R-SIG-Finance] Testing for cointegration:JohansenvsDickey-Fuller

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr. Bernhard_Pfaff at fra.invesco.com
Tue Jan 13 11:19:31 CET 2009

Dear Adam, Eric and all others involved in this thread,

Adam: many thanks for making your point and indeed the critical values returned by ur.df() apply not for the cointegration ADF-test (see ?ur.df). However, in the package fUnitRoots as well as in the latest version of urca the MacKinnon values are available. In addition, one could also employ the critical values that are reported in Engle & Yoo. Incidentally, this issue is adressed in my book.

Best,
Bernhard