[R-SIG-Finance] [R-sig-finance] Downloading data from Economagic

Horace Tso Horace.Tso at pgn.com
Fri Jan 9 19:48:16 CET 2009

Over the holidays I went to their site and grabbed a couple of tables and dropped them into OpenOffice's Calc and did the text-to-column thing and many data points showed up with an unrecognizable character in place of the decimal point. I guess that's what's causing the R function to fail. No way around it. You just have to write your own script, or like what Jeff said, subscribe!