[R-SIG-Finance] for help: quantmod library: getSymbols("000002.SS")

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 06:23:55 CET 2009

Take a look here:

http://www.nabble.com/Newbie-question-on-getSymbols%28%29-in-quantmod-tt21226579.html

You can either set 'auto.assign=FALSE' in the getSymbols call, and do
the assignment to a variable of your choosing with <-

-OR-

You can use ?setSymbolLookup to names from the source (Yahoo) to R

To set auto.assign=FALSE for all future calls you can use setDefaults
from the Defaults library (included by quantmod)

setDefaults(getSymbols, auto.assign=FALSE)

and all future calls will follow that rule.

HTH,
Jeff

--
Jeffrey Ryan