[R-SIG-Finance] Optimization Question

Patrick Burns patrick at burns-stat.com
Tue Dec 30 22:01:20 CET 2008

I suspect that including Maximum drawdown in an
optimization is unlikely to be useful.  However, I'm
anxious to be proven wrong.

It's not clear to me what specifically you are wanting
to do, but Manfred Gilli has done a fair amount on
VaR in optimization. (But I don't think you'll get any
R code off him.)

Patrick Burns
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696