[R-SIG-Finance] Any suitable backtest functions?

Wind windspeedo at qq.com
Wed Dec 3 09:26:47 CET 2008

As the first step, I would want to get results similar to those in the following web page:
http://quantifiableedges.blogspot.com/2008/11/volume-spyx-indicator-suggesting.html
which is the ordinary output of most of the backtest software such as Wealth Lab and Right Edge.
That is, calculating the future yield after each signal, output the results both in statistical terms and in simple yield /loss terms.
The final goal is doing backtesting purely in R.    I think R could replace software as Wealth Lab and Right Edge in backtesting.    It would be my main task recently.

According to googling and others' reply, I may start to do this job by myself since I could not find such functions.
I am willing to take part in joint effort in such topics.  But as you may noticed, I am just a newbie to R, struggling using R in investment.   Anyway, if there were something I could do, it would be my pleasure.   Lots of people as you and Jeff have already helped me a lot.

Regards,
Wind
http://windspeedo.spaces.live.com/default.aspx