[R-SIG-Finance] New Rmetrics Packages

Yohan Chalabi chalabi at phys.ethz.ch
Mon Oct 27 15:58:38 CET 2008

   LA> Hello Yohan,
   LA>
   LA> Please excuse me if I missed something. Is it normal that Rmetrics was
   LA> removed from CRAN? Would this simply mean that there is no more
   LA> Rmetrics bundle, and that each Rmetrics package needs installed
   LA> separately? The home page [1] contains some information, but it is not
   LA> entirely clear to me.
   LA>
   LA> Thank you,
   LA> Liviu
   LA>
   LA> [1] http://www.rmetrics.org/rmetricsPackages.htm

Dear Liviu,

The Rmetrics bundle has been indeed removed from CRAN.

As you might have read in my previous post, we have been working on a
specific subset of packages ('timeDate', 'timeSeries', 'fBasics',
'fGarch' and 'fPortfolio')

The rest of the packages did not get that much of attention except some
bugs which have been reported to us. This situation will probably not
change in the future if we do not find more developers to help us to
maintain these packages.

Moreover we are trying to reduce the number of packages and review
their code.

Because of these changes, we preferred to remove the Rmetrics bundle
package from CRAN and encourage users to load the individual packages.

Best regards,
Yohan

--
PhD student