[R-SIG-Finance] Linux based programs

Grant Farnsworth gvfarns at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 04:23:19 CET 2008

Lots of things are more convenient under linux. Compiling packages,
using C code, exporting and using LaTeX files, concurrent versioning
systems, and using utilities like grep and wc from within R are all way
easier under linux.  Not to mention it's more natural to do things in
batch mode under linux than it is under windows.

Linux is supposedly the main development platform for R, and that makes
sense, since it's a much better development platform in general.

As for the language itself, it should be the same.

Grant