[R-SIG-Finance] Quotes every minute

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 16:28:45 CEST 2008

A bit vague, as I can't imagine you really think there is a 'script'
floating out there, but there are certainly tools available.

1) You'll need a data source. (Let's use Interactive Brokers ---
pretty cheap and almost reliable)
2) You'll need an interface (IBrokers currently is the R package to do this)
3) You'll need to write something in R :)

Actually the last part is easy. In the IBrokers package you can use
'reqMktData' and allow the process to write to a file using one of the
callback arguments.

There is a vignette available that is reasonably complete

> vignette("IBrokers")

A question back:  If you are saving it to read back in, why not just
use a historical data source?  This is also available via
'reqHistoricalData' in IBrokers.

There are of course many other options, depending on your budget and
patience.  I am sure the list will fill in the details.

HTH(Somewhat)
Jeff