[R-SIG-Finance] Success! First R/Finance/Chicago Summary.

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 19:42:40 CEST 2008

R/Finance useR!s:

For those who made it to the meeting on October 3rd, thank you.  We
had a great turnout!  We had approximately 40 people come together
from across Chicago-land, and as far away as Ohio and St. Louis.

Lots of great conversation and food (courtesy of the University of
Illinois at Chicago's International Center for Futures and
Derivatives).  We are planning on doing this again for those that
couldn't make it the first time.

We are also looking at putting together a formal R/Finance conference
in Chicago for the Spring of 2009, with the help of UIC.  This will be
an event for all practitioners and academics who use R in finance --
or would like to.  Further details will be made available shortly,
including a call for papers.

While this past event was informal by design, there are some
presentations that were made that are now available online:

http://www.quantmod.com/RFinanceChicago2008

Most notable are the slides from Brian Peterson and Peter Carl, as
well as the presentation from Dale Rosenthal about UIC's involvement.

Thanks again for reading, and if you have any comments or suggestions
about this event, or upcoming plans, please feel free to contact me.

Jeff

Jeffrey Ryan
jeffrey.ryan at insightalgo.com

ia: insight algorithmics