[R-SIG-Finance] Building a GUI with R

Wayne.W.Jones at shell.com Wayne.W.Jones at shell.com
Mon Oct 6 14:24:50 CEST 2008

Hi Alex,

If you want to build a quick and powerful GUI for R then I very much suggest
you look at the package "rpanel" which is available from CRAN. There are many example scripts available from
http://www.stats.gla.ac.uk/~adrian/rpanel/ to give you a feel for how easy and quick it is to build some very nice GUI's in R.

Thers is an R-GUI mailing list dedicated for building GUIs for R.

You can hook up R with .NET, C++, or Excel by using the R(D)Com server developed by THomas Baier and Erich Neuwirth.
See http://sunsite.univie.ac.at/rcom/ for more details.

We recently gave a talk on "Rapid application deployment with R" in UseR-2008.
The slides are available here, http://www.statistik.uni-dortmund.de/useR-2008/slides/Jones+Giannitrapani.pdf

Regards,

Wayne