[R-SIG-Finance] Use of sorting in Financial Domain

Joshua Reich josh at gghc.com
Wed Sep 24 14:59:39 CEST 2008

Extending the question further, I assume that bitonic sorting makes
sense when you have access to a SIMD platform, such as in a GPU.

I have been playing with porting some of my code to NVIDA's CUDA
platform, and I'd love to hear if other people have had much success. If
I recall correctly, I had discussed this on the list in the past and we
discussed using CUDA BLAS over default installations. Has anyone moved
CUDA into a production environment? If so, how has it fared? If not, why
not?

Josh Reich