[R-SIG-Finance] Cumulative Multivariate Normal Distribution

Krishna Kumar kriskumar at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 20 01:00:30 CEST 2008

Hi Ben,

Have you looked at pmvnorm  in package mvtnorm.? This is Genz's method,
I am working with Jan-Dash on a new approximation
for cumulative normal and I have some semi-tested code of that, we are
currently testing it for Worst-of and other rainbow type options.
http://arxiv.org/pdf/cs.CE/0611061

The alternative to price these would be to use monte-carlo to do the
integration and just price them using that, see for example
 the attached R code which generates multi-variate paths. You can then
use these paths to then compute the discounted payoff function.

Hope this helps,

Best
Krishna

ps:  the drift is simply the risk-neutral drift however for currencies
you have to factor in the quanto adjustment.
Also this piece of code was written about 4 years ago so pardon the
coding standards.