[R-SIG-Finance] get historical quote

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 16:33:48 CEST 2008

Looking at the CQG site leads me to think that there is no public API,
so Rory's suggestion of exporting/importing is probably the only
plausible solution.

You can extend getSymbols in quantmod to handle that process, or
obviously just write a stand-alone function to do the same.  If you
either, reposting your code here would be beneficial to all.

Both Bloomberg (RBloomberg) and IB (IBrokers) have R-based APIs for
most data functionality.  IBrokers is also acquiring access to the
order routing side of IB as well.

HTH
Jeff

--