[R-SIG-Finance] [R-sig-finance] error message from fPortfolio (270.74)

swkim picnic101 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 19:19:29 CEST 2008

Hi, R-users.

The example codes in the file "runit.solveRdonlp2.R" of the unitTests
directory was run
using fPortfolio (270.74) on R 2.7.1. But I got the following error message.

>         # Default Constraints:
>         constraints = "LongOnly"
>         print(constraints)
[1] "LongOnly"

>         # Optimization:
>         portfolio = solveRdonlp2(data, spec, constraints)

Rdonlp2 Package missing
Please download package from Rmetrics Server
Error in .Call("call_donlp2", as.double(par), as.integer(num.lin),
as.integer(num.nlin),  :
  C symbol name "call_donlp2" not in DLL for package "Cdonlp2"
In addition: Warning message:
In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return
= TRUE,  :
  there is no package called 'Cdonlp2'
Error in .Call("teardown", 0, PACKAGE = "Cdonlp2") :
  C symbol name "teardown" not in DLL for package "Cdonlp2"

I know Rdonlp2 Package is on the search list.
R is complaining that the package "Cdonlp2" is missing. Where is it?
Any help would be appreciated.

Sangwhan Kim
Chungbuk National University, South Korea