[R-SIG-Finance] Compound Poisson process

Krishna Kumar kriskumar at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 29 05:25:54 CEST 2008

In my little research on this calibrating a symmetric merton type jump
process (lognormal jump size with poissson jumps) is in itself a little
difficult.
The likelihood surface tends to have multiple maxima making it a
stretch. Is there a reason for the assymetric jumps?. {in reality i can
see why but the calibration is tricky}