[R-SIG-Finance] Compound Poisson process

Thomas Steiner finbref.2006 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 23:16:32 CEST 2008

Hi,

Your question is a math-question, not an R-Finance question. So don't
expect too many replies.

Your price process is the sum of a brownian motion and two jump
processes, right?
I'm not sure if the beta distribution is infinitely divisible (Pareto
is). This can put you in big trouble, you will not have stationary
increments anymore.
I'm not totally sure, but the Pareto will give you a simple jump
diffusion (finite activity), which can be sampled easily.

Thomas