[R-SIG-Finance] R for Individual Stock Trading Analysis

jnoble1 at mmm.com jnoble1 at mmm.com
Tue Aug 26 19:01:42 CEST 2008

Based on the discussion the past couple of months, it's obvious that this
list is primarily geared towards serious quantitative finance and
econometrics.  I was wondering about the activities of R users focusing on
individual stock trading.  Obviously, one is capable with R of bring some
highly sophisticated toolsets to the problems of trend and pattern
recognition in time series (not to spark a debate on random walk vs.
predictability, etc.).   Being a newbie to R, I was wondering if there are
any blogs, papers, discussions, etc. geared towards someone who's
technically inclined but beginning with R and wanting to perform individual
equity analysis for trading purposes.
Thanks,

Jonathan Noble
jnoble1 at mmm.com