[R-SIG-Finance] estimating non-linear state space models

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon Jul 28 06:24:59 CEST 2008

      Have you looked at the 'dlm' package for "Bayesian and Likelihood
Analysis of Dynamic Linear Models"?  It has optional parameters 'JFF',
'JV', 'JGG', 'JW', and 'X' to support nonlinear modifications of the
standard Kalman terms 'm0', 'C0', 'FF', 'V', 'GG', 'W'.  Moreover, it
has a vignette that helps learning its capabilities.  This should
support your needs provided the (standardized) residuals can plausibly
be assumed to be normally distributed.

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer