[R-SIG-Finance] Correlation on Tick Data

Patrick Burns patrick at burns-stat.com
Tue Jul 22 20:25:46 CEST 2008

If you are doing hypothesis testing, then much better
is to use a permutation test -- no distribution assumption
required.  Permutation tests are talked about in
http://www.burns-stat.com/pages/Tutor/bootstrap_resampling.html

Box-Cox transformation is not going to help with long-tails,
which is how returns are distributed, especially intraday returns.

Patrick Burns
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696
http://www.burns-stat.com