[R-SIG-Finance] time series question

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 14:32:07 CEST 2008

I am not entirely sure which package you are referring to, but I will
assume you mean the timeSeries class from fSeries.

>From almost any time-series class you can use the to.period function
in the 'xts' package.  See ?to.period

library(fSeries)
library(quantmod)

getSymbols("QQQQ", ret='timeSeries')
#will load QQQQ into your workspace

to.period(QQQQ, 'months')
#or
to.monthly(QQQQ)

#or for quarterly

to.quarterly(QQQQ)

to.period is smart enough to make sure the class you pass in is the
class you get back.

With respect to 'maximum correlation' I am not too sure what you mean
by that... but see ?lag and ?Lag for a start.

Jeff