[R-SIG-Finance] RBloomberg Best Bid Higher than Best Ask

Robert Sams robert at sanctumfi.com
Wed Jul 9 13:09:59 CEST 2008

Hi Eric,

You're right, this is question for Bloomberg, not RBloomberg.

It is common to see data "errors" like locked markets, etc in Bloomberg
data, intraday and even daily historical. Series from futures exchanges
tend to be much cleaner than OTC data (bonds, swap tenors, etc).
You can explore other data vendors (e.g, http://www.lim.com/ is
popular), but data errors are probably inevitable whatever you buy. If
your analysis is sensitive to these, you'll need to write some
data-error algorithms. This shouldn't be hard. Check out the NA handling
tools in Achim's and Gabor's wonderful zoo package.

By the way, if you care to inform Bloomberg about a dodgy data point,
find it on the QRM screen; that way you can grab it and send it to them.
They will fix it, although I personally find it not worth the effort as
I automate the data cleaning on my end using R.

Cheers,
Robert