[R-SIG-Finance] RBloomberg

Eric Owiesny eowiesny at allstontrading.com
Mon Jun 2 20:52:32 CEST 2008

David,

Thank you for the help.  It seemed likely to me that it's on Bloomberg's
end as well.  I've made a wrapper to retry if it fails.  Sorry, I should
have been more specific before.  Essentially it seems that the
connection object ceases to work after some point.  It's an intermittent
problem and occurs when there is data for the ticker and the time
range.  If I reinitialize the connection object then it will usually
work again.  It also seems to be worse during the day so it may be a
load issue on their end.  Sorry for the lack of complete information,
but I'm not entirely sure what the error is.    The wrapper should be
fine, but I wanted to check to see if it was just me misusing something.

Thanks,
Eric Owiesny