[R-SIG-Finance] tseries and efficient frontier

Charles Ward cwrward at gmail.com
Sun May 4 23:44:49 CEST 2008

I think the reason is that the function "portfolio.optim"  has the
default option, short=FALSE. If you use the option short=TRUE you
should achieve the symmetrical shape of the efficient frontier.
When you constain the portfolio only to accept positive weights of
each asset, there will generally be bumps and asymmetries in the
efficient frontier.
The textbook examples usually assume short selling is allowed.
Charles Ward