[R-SIG-Finance] Seasonal GARCH

Eric Zivot ezivot at u.washington.edu
Mon Apr 7 05:42:20 CEST 2008

You must be careful here. A garch(0,5) model is not identified. If all of the ARCH coefficients are zero then the model is not a conditional heteroskedastic model. Volatility is constant in this case.

*  Eric Zivot                  			               *
*  Professor and Gary Waterman Distinguished Scholar           *
*  Department of Economics                                     *
*  Box 353330                  email:  ezivot at u.washington.edu *
*  University of Washington    phone:  206-543-6715            *
*  Seattle, WA 98195-3330                                      *                                                           *
*  www:  http://faculty.washington.edu/ezivot                  *