[R-SIG-Finance] EMM: how to make forecast using EMM methods?

Michael comtech.usa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 19:54:51 CET 2008

Hi Guy and Elton,

Thanks for the replies.

However this is exactly the weird thing about EMM. It simulates the
latent variables when doing the estimating itself. So there is no
clear estimates of the latent variables itself. That's to say, I don't
have a "today's value" to work out the 1-step ahead forecast...

That's kind of strange...

Any thoughts?