[R-SIG-Finance] New IBrokers package on CRAN

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 17:05:14 CET 2008

R-Sig-Finance:

I'd like to announce the alpha version of a new package IBrokers:

Designed to provide native R access to Interactive Brokers' trading
platform, it is currently in a very alpha stage.  I am releasing at
this early stage it to gauge interest and feedback as to which API
features should be considered priority.

It is working, though very little error checking (read: none) is done
at present.  I will be updating this aggressively.

?IBrokers

R API to the Interactive Brokers Trader Workstation (TWS).

     A very limited R implementation of the TWS API.  At present it is
     only able to access historic data from the Interactive Brokers
     servers. Future additions will include more API access and
     possible real-time charting via the 'quantmod' package.

     A word of warning.  I wrote this in 3 days.  Much of the current
     event loop is being rewritten/rethought to better handle errors, add
     some sort of callback mechanism, as well as
     speed up large data requests.  This version is mostly a
     proof-of-concept and will be updated regularly.  That said, please
     report any and all bugs/experiences to the maintainer so they can
     be incorporated into development versions.

     **DO NOT USE in an R session that you can't afford to lose!**

Details:

       Package:  IBrokers
       Type:     Package
       Version:  0.0-1