[R-SIG-Finance] Milliseconds to proper date/time class

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 15:24:16 CET 2008

Try this:

library(zoo)
z <- zoo(1:10, 1001:1010)

Now <- Sys.time()
Epoch <- Now - as.numeric(Now)
zct <- aggregate(z, time(z) + Epoch, force)

# If you like you can convert it to chron
# from there; however, its possible that chron
# does not support as high a resolution
# so collapse equal valued times just in case
# Below we take the last one but you could take
# the mean or other value if you prefer or you could
# use force in place of tail, 1 and if that works then
# your times are far enough apart or your machine
# has enough resolution to represent them distinctly
# in chron.

library(chron)
zchron.gmt <- aggregate(zct, as.chron, tail, 1)
zhcron.local <- aggregate(zct, function(x) as.chron(x, tz = ""), tail, 1)

Suggest you read RNews 4/1 and see ?aggregate.zoo
Also read the three zoo vignettes.