[R-SIG-Finance] Financial Basket Options

Moshe Olshansky m_olshansky at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 11:32:28 CET 2008

Hi Dirk,

I considered using QuantLib, but as you mention it's R
wrapper does not include Basket option.
So the choices I had were either to invoke it using
C++ or to code my own implementation in R. Since
QuantLib contains many classes and I have never used
it before I decided that coding in R will take me less
time and will allow me to add more stuff in the future
(for example getting the upper bound).
My new job is not exactly in Finance (even though it
is also business-oriented) and so I have less strive
to complete this task now, but on the other hand this
is an interesting problem (mathematically) and so I
may continue.
To be honest, I am not sure about it's importance in
finance, since the theoretical price is not always the
correct one...

Regards,

Moshe.