[R-SIG-Finance] ljung-box tests in arma and garch models

Patrick Burns patrick at burns-stat.com
Fri Dec 28 11:21:33 CET 2007

I heartily agree with Spencer that a simulation is the
way to answer the question.  However, my intuition is
the opposite of Spencer's regarding what the answer
will be.

The Burns Statistics working paper on Ljung-Box tests
makes it clear that using rank tests for testing the garch
adequacy will be much more important than messing with
the degrees of freedom.

Patrick Burns
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696