[R-SIG-Finance] [R-sig-finance] rulesFinCenter for America's

Yohan Chalabi chalabi at phys.ethz.ch
Tue Dec 11 18:48:59 CET 2007

Hi Joe,

thanks for your offer. Help is always welcome! The best way to contribute is
to get the latest dev branch of Rmetrics at
https://svn.r-project.org/Rmetrics/trunk/ and test the packages you are used
to work with.

To come back to your remark, there are no real rules for DST because they
can be changed by temporal authorities. the best way is to keep updated with
one of the latest DST database. Actually, we extract data from the zoneinfo
database [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoneinfo] and generate DST functions.
So, the function are not hard-coded but auto-generated.

take care,
Y.

Joe W. Byers-2 wrote:

> Yohan Chalabi wrote:
>> We are aware of this problem and it will be fixed in the next release.
>>
>> regards,
>> Y.
>>

>> Joe W. Byers-2 wrote:
>>> Rmetrics,
>>>
>>> The DST rules for the US changed in 2007 to the 2nd Sunday in March for
>>> starting
>>> DST and the first Sunday in November for ending DST.  A good link to see
>>> this
>>> for Chicago is