[R-SIG-Finance] MAR-ARCH

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 04:51:24 CEST 2007

While Dirk is correct in that the mgarchBEKK is _NOT_ MAR-GARCH, it
_IS_ an mgarch implementation... (which is worth something)

And I did get it to install and run with two fixes.  I have NO idea if
the results it produces are worth anything (and it chews up resources,
so I won't be spending any time to figure out).

But for those interested - windows users will need to adapt the
following (or switch to unix/linux/mac)...actually it *may* only work
on *nix boxes.

1. Download the most recent version from

http://www.vsthost.com/vstDocs/mgarchBEKK/release/mgarchBEKK_0.07-8.tar.gz

2. untar/zip
tar xzf mgarchBEKK_0.07-8.tar.gz

3. Fix _at_least_:
mvBEKK.est
line 475 has a trailing comma in the list of returned values after
residuals. - get rid of

mvBEKK.sim
line 252 has a trailing comma in the list of returned values AS WELL.
- just delete it

4. tarball back up for R CMD
tar czf mgarchBEKK_0.07-8.tar.gz mgarchBEKK

5. R CMD INSTALL mgarchBEKK_0.07-8.tar.gz

and happy mgarchBEKKing...

Jeff

My guess is it was breaking because previous R versions *may* have
been more lenient with the extra comma.  Too lazy to further
investigate though : )