[R-SIG-Finance] American basket options

Wojciech Slusarski wojciech.slusarski at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 11:59:39 CEST 2007

There is an algorithm called OLS Monte Carlo, or Longstaff-Schwarz
algorithm for valuation of american/bermudan options using MC method,
though it can be a bit tricky to programm that for a portfolio of 10
securities and be a bit unstable, though worth of trying. If the
dividends are not high, it should not differ much from a european
option priced using Monte Carlo. If dividends are high, then the price
should be slightly higher.

Regards,
Wojciech Ślusarski