[R-SIG-Finance] Running R as a server or in a cluster

Adrian Dragulescu adrian_d at eskimo.com
Wed Sep 26 23:29:28 CEST 2007

Brian,

We're running Rscript, the "newer" version of R CMD BATCH.  We
have a big dependency graph, with many R jobs (+1000), spanning several
projects.  We split big problems into smaller ones and aggregate latter.
Since one project depends on others running successfuly, it's
important to monitor, recover jobs, restart the queue, etc.  Condor allows
us to do this quite well.

Regards,
Adrian