[R-SIG-Finance] Running R as a server or in a cluster

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 16:39:30 CEST 2007

Unfortunately I don't really know, I have one Sun personally - so
clustering my one was easy : )

I think the problem is the same regardless of platform - R isn't
multithreaded, so some additional glue is required, be it SNOW or some
other method.

I will try out the service as soon as I can - maybe in the next week
or so.  Maybe with the 'free' time, a few more could give it a shot
and we could get some sort of feedback.  My dream is to have some sort
of R package to handle the whole process within a local package
framework, though clearly a only a dream at the moment.

Again, has anyone given this a try yet?

Jeff