[R-SIG-Finance] are R packages open-source?

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 05:09:54 CEST 2007

Alex,

Would be best to be more specific - i.e. maybe which package/functions...

That said, all packages on CRAN are source code, with binaries built
on post-submission for Mac and Windows.  Simply download the .tar.gz
file from CRAN's contributed section, and untar:

Unix and Mac:

tar xzf name_of_package.tar.gz

_OR_

gtar xzf name_of_package.tar.gz

Windows must have similar facility, though I personally have no idea.

Anyway all code would then be somewhere in the directory that follows
the tar command.  Source meant to be compiled (C and Fortan) is in the
src directory.

Good luck.
Jeff