[R-SIG-Finance] Expanding data to higher frequency

Strong strongthinking at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 18:00:35 CEST 2007

From: "Thinking Strong" <strongthinking at gmail.com>
Subject: [R-SIG-Finance] Expanding data to higher frequency
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:22:49 +0900

Maybe I should put my question more clearly.

What I am trying to ask is whether or not there is a function in Rmetrics to help me expand the semi-annual dividend series to the monthly data by setting the value of each month to the dividend for that  semi-annual period.

Suppose I have a dataframe shown below.

is there an easy way to set all the dividend value from Jan 2002 through June 2002 to the same value of 100?

   Time      Dividend
  2002.01     100
  2002.02     NA
  2002.03     NA
  2002.04     NA
  2002.05     NA
  2002.06     NA
  2002.07     200
  2002.08     NA
  2002.09     NA
  2002.10     NA
  2002.11     NA
  2002.12     NA

And, one more related question.

if I have the dataframe originally like this instead of the above one, what should I do with my job.

   Time      Dividend
  2002.01     100
  2002.07     200

Regards

Strong Chen
phd Student,  Graduate School of Commerce and Management;
Hitotusbashi University, Tokyo, Japan